“I went out for the first time in 18 years.”
The Saje Programme
What is it about?
It is a course that will make sense of the abuse you have experienced/are experiencing. It will reduce the shame and blame you are maybe feeling. It will help you to start to heal. It will help you move forward with your life. It will let you know you are not the only one.
The course takes place online once a week for two hours a week, over about twelve weeks. Usually there are 8-10 women at each group. The course is free and is currently being done via Zoom, a video meeting app. We will resume our in-person groups, hopefully, in August.
It is informal. You will be with a group of women who have had a similar experience. This peer support is incredible.
Each week we look at types of abusive or controlling behaviour, and the impacts abuse has on every aspect of you life. We work through, for example:
- The tactics of the particular behaviour
- What an abuser expects to achieve from that behaviour
- How that behaviour affects our beliefs and the way we act
What will I get from it?
Often women in controlling or abusive relationships feel overwhelmed and to blame. By working through the session you will:
- KNOW YOU ARE NOT ALONE
- Recognise abusive or controlling behaviour from their current or previous partners or other family members
- Have looked at the impact of abuse on yourself and your children
- Know why our beliefs and attitudes impacts on our behaviour
- Develop ways of thinking and behaving to help protect yourself and your children from harm
- Know what non-abusive behaviours look like
- Be able to spot early warning signs of abuse
- Be more able to take control of your life through as your confidence and self-esteem will increase
- Feel less alone
- Know who else can help you
In an emergency, always call the police on 999.
Book a Course
The 10 week course is for any woman interested in learning more about the effects of domestic abuse and, in particular for women who’ve been subjected domestic abuse.