We have a legal obligation to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please ask us to correct or remove completely any information you think is incorrect or simply do not want us to hold any more.
This policy aims to:
- Ensure compliance with the law;
- Protect you and your information,
- Provide an open and transparent process where you can access information held about you.
Why Do We Need Your Contact Information?
We will only ever use your contact information to get in touch with you regarding charitable matters relating to Saje and our activities. Your information is essential for us to carry out the services that we provide. Without the ability to process your information, we’d be unable to reach out to many of our fellow services providers, services users, referrers and supporters with information on new groups, updates, developments and activities. We’ll never share your contact info and/or personal data obtained with any other parties or use it unlawfully.
How Can You Access The Information We Hold About You?
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal data please email or write to us using the contact details noted below.
The Data Lead is responsible for:
- ensuring that all members of staff and volunteers understand the policy and procedure
- thorough consultation with staff and input at team meetings,
- managing subject access appropriately;
- ensuring that any disclosures of information are made as set out in this policy
The Data Lead will also monitor and review this policy when there are further relevant changes in legislation, regulation or any other appropriate circumstances.
Employees who have access to personal data must comply with this Policy and adhere to the procedures laid down by SAJE SCOTLAND. Failure to comply with the Policy and procedure may result in disciplinary action up to and including summary dismissal.
SAJE SCOTLAND will ensure that all employees & volunteers who process or use any personal information adhere to the following Privacy principles. Information shall be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully;
- Obtained and processed only for specified and lawful purposes,
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive,
- Accurate and kept up-to-date where necessary;
- Held for no longer than is necessary;
- Kept safe from unauthorized access, accidental loss or destruction,